Ocular Rosacea and Dry Eye Syndrome
Hi, I was diagnosed with 'Ocular Rosacea' and 'Dry Eye Syndrome'.  I have used Restasis and have tried allergy drops.  My eyes are always red and feel as if I have something in them (which is the bumps under my eyelids).  Does anyone know what I can do about this.  I've been to so many eye Dr's. and I cannot get them cleared up.  I used to wear contact lenses and now I can no longer wear them. It has been almost 5 years since I was able to wear my contacts.  Some Dr's. want to give me steriod drops, but I do not want to put them in my eyes.  I believe their is an alternative to steroids.  

Any advice would be helpful.  Thank you.
1. Probably need to give up the idea of wearing contacts.
2. Use the search feature and read about dry eye treatment.
3. Dry eye and ocular rosacea are CHRONIC conditions. That means they don't go away and your CONTROL them not CURE them.

Be sure you've also seen a good dermatologist.

JCH MD
Dear JCH MD,
Thank you for your advice.  I will call to make an appt. with a dermatologist.
debilynn17

Oral minocyline (a type of tetracycline) for 3 months can do tremendous good. Oral omega three (fish oil )  get the enteric coated and take one with dinner for 10 days then add a second one with breakfast can also help.
JCH MD
I also was using Restasus and had similar problems like the one you described. He prescribed Pazeo eye drops and they have helped me tremendously. I think they are new on the market.
Pazeo is an allergy eye drop that is new and is meant to replace Pataday which is the #1 prescription allergy eye drops.  restasis is the definitive treatment for moderate or severe dry eyes but it takes 5-6 months to work and often strings when starting out. My wife and I both take restasis and have for several years.  JCH MD