Ocular herpes or pink eye?
I recently thought I scratched my eye but after a day or two it was still red and itchy with some mild pain. I also have significant mucous-like discharge and wake up with a matted eye. I went to an urgent care this weekend, was diagnosed with pink eye after a quick look with the light (no dye or tint) and prescribed Vigamox.

I have only had 4 doses of the Vigamox drops so far and I do think my eye is improving. However, I still have quite a bit of discharge and noticed a clear bump on my cornea this morning. (It seems to be gone now.)

I have HSV-1 and just had a bad lip outbreak (the only place I get cold sores) two weeks ago. I am extremely careful during an outbreak and wash my hands multiple times before handling my contacts. What are the changes I passed the HSV-1 to my own eye? I've had lip cold sores for many years.

Also, if it could be HSV-1, could I have passed it to my boyfriend? We had intercourse and oral sex this weekend, when I thought it was an eye injury and not pink eye or HSV-1.
I am not a big fan of urgent care centers for eye problems.

You might well have HSV-1 keratitis, only a slit lamp exam by an Eye MD can tell you for sure. I would try to see an eye MD tomorrow as a "work in" Find Eye MDs near you at www.aao.org

You are very unlikely to have passed HSV-1 to your boyfriend. As you probably know veneral infections, a form of STD, are due to HSV-2

JCH MD
I HAVE THE PINK-EYE NOW I HEAR A PERSON CAN HAVE HERPES OF THE EYE I HAVE ALL THE SYNDROMES BUT I NEVER EVER HAD HERPES OF THE EYE I ONLY HAD THE PINK-EYE BEFORE THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY JAW IS SWOLLEN AND VERY ITCHY WHAT CAN IT BE PLEASE HELP THANKS SINCERELY MS T.PAINN:(:(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
Back off the CAPS LOCK

Most "pink-eye" (not a diagnosis just a descriptive term) is not due to herpes. see an ophthalmologist. Only an in person exam can make a diagnosis

JCH MD