Eye Care Community
Odd, squishy sensation around injured eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Yesterday, I was diagnosed with a corneal abrasion in my left eye. The doctor found a small cut and prescribed antibiotic eye drops and a special ointment for me and I've been using it all as instructed. Since the cut is on a certain part of my eye and it hurts when it brushes against my eyelids, I've been purposely not turning my eye to the left. However, after using my medication several times and feeling the pain ease away a bit, I turned once and, when my eye turned all the way left for the first time in a day, there was a weird squishing feeling and my eye actually moved a little. It didn't hurt; in fact, my eye didn't hurt for a while after it happened. But now my eye feels really, really strange. There's a weird pressure behind my eye and when I turn it certain ways, I get that same squishing feeling (not as strong as before, but still there). It's weird and it feels like my eyeball is going to pop out. Also, it's like my eye is being pushed because my left and right eye almost seem like they're not aligned anymore sometimes? My eye keeps moving around in it's socket and, although it doesn't hurt as much as it did before, it feels really bizarre and I'm honestly quite terrified that my eye might pop out or have air trapped behind it or something. It feels really exposed even though it doesn't look any different. Please, any idea what this could be? It's really hard to explain but I tried my best.