Eye Care Community
One eye consistently sees dimmer than the other, why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I have visited with an opthamologist and general eye doctor but no one found any abnormalities with either one of my eyes.  So I am asking anyone here for help.  My right eye has always had weaker vision than my left eye.  I try to exercise my right eye, but my brain always uses the left dominant eye. During each right eye exercise, which consists of placing a cotton patch over my left eye whereby forcing my right eye to be the dominant eye, everything is dimmer.  Then after a few minutes I remove the patch from my left eye and the brightness contrast between both eyes is off as if I am wearing one sunglass lense over my right eye.  Literally, it is that stark of a contrast.  This fades as my brain, forces itself to see through the left eye since it can see clearer and brighter.  As a result, my right eye never seems to get fixed.  What is the matter?  The vision problems is not that off by eye (20/30 in my left eye and 20/60 in my right eye).  The doctors ruled out glaucoma.  Please help, this has been going on for over a year now.
Your problem appears to be the common condition of amblyopia and your therapy is too little to late. one in 50 adults have this problem.

Google the term to learn more.

JCH III MD