Eye Care Community
One eye is puffy and swollen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

One eye is puffy and swollen

This morning I woke up and noticed that my left eye had alot of swelling under it. It doesn't itch or pus and it is not red at all.  There is no pain, only a dull soreness when i scrunch up my face.  I find this very strange because it is only in one eye and it looks like i just got hit with something.  It has not been progressing over time and I am in my teens so it's not from being old or anything. I have searched alot of things about swollen eyes but none are quite like this. I dont have any tea bags but I am going to put a frozen spoon on it to see if that will help.
I do wear contacts and i sleep in them and dont take them out as often as i should.  However I doubt that is the problem because wouldn't that affect both eyes? And wouldn't the problem also be IN my eye rather than around it? But i have taken my contacts out and am wearing my glasses.
Please help if you can. I am just surprised why it would be one eye, and just would happen all of a sudden like this.
If you have pain take the contacts out. If not use some warm compresses and call your "eye doctor" tomorrow.

JCH MD