Eye Care Expert Forum
One eye sees less light/color

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

One eye sees less light/color

I am very myopic in the right eye (the stronger one) (more than -5.00), and less myopic in the left (weaker, and about -3.00). I notice looking through only the left I see slightly less light and less color intensity. With the right eye things look both brighter and more "yellow", this is consistent in various types of lighting. I will be talking to an eye doctor about it soon but in the meantime should I be concerned?
Dear hwzephyr,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD immediately to determine the cause of your symptoms.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
This is normal in most cases.

I have since seen an eye doctor, and been told this is not a concern at this time. Thank you for your reply, everyone!