Opacity in a ring around lense "Christmas Tree Cataract"
Went to opthamologist today, all fine but she did find something unusual.  That when she dilated the pupil (and used 2 sorts of drops) she could see dots/opacity that appeared TURQUOISE in colour, at the perimeter of my lenses in both eyes.   She didn't know name for it but said it was something like a "christmas tree cataract" but not that...These opacities didn't appear in the center of the eye and have no effect on my sight.   I have no problems seeing.  But she doesn't know what this is.    She asked about any drugs I may have been on for childhood diseases...  The only drug I have taken iin years past that might do something to eyesight is Paludrine, an antimalarial, which I was on briefly (less than 2 weeks) as a young adult (I'm 48 now).

This is the 2nd opthamologist in 5 years who has said this to me, or at least mentioned it.  One fellow said it was "beautiful" and shows up as a striking turquoise colour, and nothing to worry about.  That's nice, but has anyone any idea what this is?????

I can't see anything by looking in the mirror.  
There are certain associations with "Christmas tree cataracts."  You can Google it.  I have seen these in patients and they had no associated medical problems.

Dr. O.