Eye Care Community
Optic nerve damage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Optic nerve damage

I am from India. I have gone thru all the postings and my case is similar to some. I met with an accident around 15 years back in which the Optic nerve of my right eye got damaged and as a result I am having blurred vision in my right eye. I had consulted all the major eye specialists in the best of places in India previously but not now for the last maybe 7 years. I do not have any problem with my left eye which I keep checking up at intervals. My query is, technology is developing so many things detrimental to the destruction of mankind so why not something is being developed to resolve this issue of Optic nerve damage? I need your help in this doctor.
There are hundreds of researchers doing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of research all over the world on optic nerve regeneration. The optic nerve is brain tissue. Brain tissue does not try and regenerate when cut (like the spinal chord). When they can restore use to paralysed arms and legs from a cut spinal chord we may be able to help optic nerve injuries better.

JCH MD
My Son age 14 years old has a problem in Optic Nerve during taking treatment on (fit) problem via Ketogenic Diet at P.D.Hinduja Hospital,Mumbai. Now MRI report sohwing that his Optic Nerve is Srink abnd there is no medical treatment.Before Six yeas agop his eyesight was absulutely  perfec but now he cant see properly, Rightnow is studing in Std.7th . I has been taken many Eye specialist opinion they said there is no problem in his eyes.Now I asking to the medical technology what is the treatment on his problem.
My Son named Sumedh Sanjay Khobragade age 14 years old has a problem in Optic Nerve during taking treatment on (fit) problem via Ketogenic Diet at P.D.Hinduja Hospital,Mumbai. Now MRI report sohwing that his Optic Nerve is Srink abnd there is no medical treatment.Before Six yeas agop his eyesight was absulutely  perfect but now he cant see properly, Rightnow is studing in Std.7th . I has been taken many Eye specialist opinion they said there is no problem in his eyes.Now I asking to the medical technology what is the treatment on his problem.I am ready for any treatment,any where

Sanjay - 9221304102
You say many eye specialists say his eyes have no problem; then you say MRI shows optic nerve "shrinks?". Do you mean optic nerve hypoplasia? If so there is no treatment for that and every effort should be made to protect the other eye from injury or damage. He should be able to live a normal life and be a great student with one normal eye.

JCH MD
I had a craniotomy at J.Hopkins,word was that I had a lot of brain fluid. Actually it was watery and dripping from my nose. Doc's told me No,not possible for this to happen. Well? http://www.belgeinfo.com/joe-nagy-brain-fluid-leaking-arizona-man-loses-a-teaspoon-of-his-brain-25334-2013/
My visual cut is watery...it moves...it's like debris moving around. Your thoughts?
1. cerebro-spinal fluid draining from the nose is not unusual. It can happen after trauma/injury or after a number of different type of surgeries (nose, sinus, eye socket, brain, etc.)
2. I don't understand your second to the last sentence.

JCH MD