Optic nerve inflammation in teenager
My 15 year old son recently had minor head bump on side of pool. He has had headaches every day but thinks they started before the bump. Since the bump, he has had double vision and blurry vision. Optometrist says he has bilateral optic nerve swelling and has sent him to ophthalmologist today. He has had no previous symptoms and the eye changes and on and off  dizziness started after the head bump. Would a concussion be the most likely cause of the optic nerve swelling and vision changes?
No if it were truly "minor" then it would not be a likely cause. Hopefully the ophthalmologist can shed more light on the problem. Good luck.

JCH MD
Thanks for your response. After all the testing, he has been diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri and is on Diamox. The optic nerve swelling had been going on for awhile before the bump on head.
You can use the search feature and archives and read about pseudotumor cerebri. Be sure you read the side effects of diamox; most everyone has some. Most are mild and something you have to put up with. Diamox is also used to prevent altitude sickness; I took it for that reason. Most everyone has pins/needles and numbness in hands and feet; carbonated beverages taste flat; appetite is usually reduced.

JCH MD