Eye Care Community
Optic nerve injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Optic nerve injury

I come from China.My mother is 64 years old.Because of the operation of benign brain tumor, her optic nerve is damaged.She told me that she can't see things clearly,it's not balance when she look at something.
I want to know how can I do to help her in daily life and what food or medicine she should eat.
While her diet and activities may help her general health like blood pressure, weight, etc it is not likely to help the optic nerve problem.

Her diet and medications and activities shoudl be discussed with her personal physician and the team of doctors taking care of her brain tumor

JCH MD