Eye Care Community
Orbital fracture/vision changes.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Orbital fracture/vision changes.

About six months ago I fell down a flight of stairs and fractured my orbital on the right side of my face, and  broke both my arms. During my stay at the hospital, I was told that I shouldn't have any problems with my vision but I should see a plastic surgeon. I have no insurgence, so nobody would see me. (Thankfully the dr fixing my right shattered wrist would make a payment plan with me or my right arm..would still be a huge mess. 4 surgeries and a fusion later... if that tells you how hard I hit my head..) At the time everything seemed to be healing well, and my eye sight was fine, slightly blurry but my right eye has always been weaker than my left so I didn't think anything of it. Lately it has been getting worse. My eye is almost blurry in spots all the time then it has moments of blurring over completely. At night I cannot see anything at all, and I also cannot see anything out of the corner of my eye. Is this a normal development as far as the injury or could this be a whole new problem in itself. Should I be overly concerned about this? I get coverage for medical in 3 months, should I wait that long?
You need to see an ophthalmologist ASAP.  You may have a retinal detachment.  

Dr. O.
Thank you for your advice, I will call Monday, and try to figure out what is going on.
Is this more than likely from hitting my eye? Or something that happened over time.

Also should I wear my glasses, I keep getting a headache from them now any time I try to wear them. Last time my eyes were checked (in Dec of 2011)  The dr told me to wear them all the time, and I have, with no problems, until this blurry vision started.

(sorry this is posted twice I didn't hit reply the first time. )
-Christina
It probably started after the trauma.  You developed a retinal tear at that time or shortly thereafter that lead to a retinal detachment.

Dr. O.