Orthoptic Assessment
Just wondered what this test is like and if it will help to find corrections for problems with double vision?
The use of trained orthoptists has declined over the years.  They perform a series of tests to determine if there is latent or actual misalignment of the eyes and which eye muscles might be working too hard or too little. They also make measurement of eye position changes after strabismus surgery.

JCH MD
Here in the USA, the use of orthoptics to treat binocular vision problems  is fairly controversial.  Many ophthalmologists don't view it as a legitimate option for treating double vision.  Whether it might be worth trying in your case would probably depend on the cause and severity of your problem.  I was given a computerized orthoptics program when I was experiencing double vision due to an eye muscle problem.  I found that many hours of  frustrating work on computerized vergence exercises did produce measureable (but minor) improvement.  However, a 20-minute surgical  procedure (requiring no effort on my part) totally eliminated my problem.    
-