Eye Care Expert Forum
Outer corner eye or lid pain
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Outer corner eye or lid pain

Three days ago I noticed the outer corner of my left eye is very sore. The pain doesnt seem to be coming from the actual eye but the lid. There doesnt seem to be any redness in the eye, on or around the lid , although it's the type of pain and soreness where not seeing some sort or infamation seems strange.
My husband has inspected my eye with a light and says he sees nothing that could be stuck under the lid and I would think if it was dust or something like that my eye would be red or irritated where the pain is.
  When I first wake up it's awful, but I take pain medication for Chronic Pain and the pain seems to lessen when I take it. Doesnt go away, but defenitly feels better. I'm not sure if that would actually mean anything..
     When I was younger I used to get stys very often and they said it was from stress. But I dont see one.
I also wear mascara but havent put any on for a few weeks. And I dont wear contacts. My eyes arent dry and infact tear very often.

I went to the eye DR about 6 months ago when I got new glasses and they gave me a regular exam.  
Is this something that might go away because there doesnt seem to be any redness of inflamation (inflammation) or should I go see my eye DR?

Thank you for any imput you may have

TMA

Tags: Pain, eyes, lid