Eye Care Community
PPV for macular hole after a traumatic cataract surgery and 360^ angle ...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PPV for macular hole after a traumatic cataract surgery and 360^ angle recession

Dear Sir,

I have badly injured my eye (blunt trauma) 4 month ago. The hit caused a 360 angle recession, traumatic cataract (PCS) and a macular hole + a tear in the pupil...

I am now after the cataract surgery (PCIOL). The lens was sutured to the iris and the iris was also gone through pupilloplasty procedure.

But now comes the PPV for macular hole turn, where the gas bubble is a big concern. The doctors are afraid that the gas bubble will move forward and cause a sublocation of the lens and also increase the IOP dramatically (I am now on topical treatment with stable iop)

What is the solution to this problem? How can the surgeons overcome this challenge of a potentialy violent gas bubble?

Thank you
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
You need to discuss this with your surgeon.

Dr. O.
Blank
I will, but was is the experience in the medical world?

What surgeons are doing in such cases?

Thank you
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949