Eye Care Community
PVC Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy in young man 29 years old !

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Dear Doctor Hagan I have been diagnosed with Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy , after I was initialy diagnosed as having CSR withh PED  in my left eye .
The doctors contradicted themselves and now I have been finaly diagnosed as my doctor put it '' most likely its PCV ''?
The doctor used the term most likely because he says he sees polypoids on retina on macula but fovea is not involved , there is a large ped encroching on the fovea 3/4 disc diameter  . ICG AND FA were performed the ICG reveled the presence of polypoids but there was no underlying vascular branching network
.
The doctors performed PDT tretment on my left eye IN Los Angeles . I had the treatment done on november the 30th 2009.
I want to know the following is it possible that I have something else than PCV ? can it be a very unusual form of CSR ?
Is PCV always accompanied by 1st polypoids and 2nd vascular  branching networks ?
I am only 29 years old and I have not been able to completeComplete
my MarineMarine  corps basic training because of this problem , what is the prognostic of my problem?
I have read the comments of that Asian doctor ray T Oyakawa about PCV and i think he is very ignorant about the condition , when he was answering the questions of Johnny852 , there must be a smarter answer than comparing PCV to a heart attack , i mean what kind of a medical expert is that ???
Please Doctor Oyakawa don't answer my question as I really think that you are not in the Know , any other doctor is welcomed to answer my question , An answer of more than 2 lines will be appreciated and medical citations will be appreciated .

Related discussions
I'm sorry I have no experience with PCV and cannot discuss it.

JCH MD