Eye Care Expert Forum
Pain in top of left brain.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Pain in top of left brain.
Hello, If someone could help me out it would be very much appreciated.
I am having alot of pain in the top of my left Brain. I first experienced it after working long hours infront of a computer screen. I am no longer working infront of a computer but the pains have come back and they are now more intense.
I have had it all day today and am now very concerned about it. any idea of what this might be? any help or advice would be deeply apreciated.

Kind regards,

Myles
First have your eyes examined by a Eye MD physician. FInd one at www.aao.org

If your eyes are okay see a GP or FP to start a general work up for your "brain pain".

JCH IIII MD
The brain itself doesn't feel pain. You must be talking about a headache that you feel in one part of your head.

I may be wrong, but I think the pain of headaches is "felt" by nerves on the outside of your skull. Not inside your brain.

Nancy T.
hello, thankyou very much for your replies. I went to a doctor today and he examined me. He said that there was no Nuerological symptoms and that I simply have a migrane, but I am not 100% convinced. Is there any chance he could be wrong? I am worried it could be something serious like cancer, or a tumer or something. what do you think?
Thanks again, regards,

Myles
-----------------