Pain when eye pressed--from an old papercut?
A little over a year ago I got a papercut in my right eye. The pain went away a few hours later and my vision has been  fine. I didn't get it treated,
Several months later I noticed pain in the same eye after there was pressure on it when closed--when sleeping or showering. This only happens occasionally and feels like a bit of sand in my eye for 20 minutes or so, especially when I blink.
My GP looked at it and couldn't see anything.
2 nights ago when camping I woke up at night with intense pain in that eye--it was still very painful in the early morning, and uncomfortable in the evening, and somewhat present today. My friends couldn't see anything, and I rinsed it out when swimming. Same sensation as before but lasting much longer.
Is it possible that I got a scratch or scar that hasn't healed properly? If my GP couldn't see anything is there another way to investigate it?  

Thank you!

Your problem, a scratch that doesn't heal on the cornea is called a recurrent corneal erosion. Use the seach feature on this page to pull up the many discussions we've had of the treatment of this common condition.

JCH MD