Painful "oil" blister after second retina reattachment
I have had my retina detach twice.  With the second reattachment surgery my surgeon installed an "oil bubble."  Coming out of surgery I had a blister on the sclera between the iris and my nose.  It reduced in size, but after 2 months it is still there and gets irritated as the day wears on.  My doctor said it has to be removed surgically.  Is there any other way to remove this "blister" and get the surface of my eyeball more comfortable?  I plan to wait 2 years before removing the oil bubble inside the eye, because I am self insured, and by then I will be covered by Medicare and will let them help pay for the surgery.  In the meantime I got a prescription for glasses with terrific magnification to help me see through the oil bubble.  I am delighted to have any vision at all in that eye.  So, any suggestions for this superficial blister, which the doctor called an oil blister?
I have never heard of a 'oil blister'.  It is not likely it has oil in it. The most common think that would cause something as you describe is a conjunctival cyst or inflammed tissue from the surgery/scleral buckle (pyogenic granuloma) or a stitch abscess. All of these would require surgery but it is minor compared to what you had.