Eye Care Community
Peeling eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Peeling eye

For the last few weeks i have had a problem with my eyes. I first thought it was a sty but it comes and goes now very often. My symptoms are swollen itchy eyes that start to break out real bad, and its only in the course of about 10 minutes that it can get really bad. My eyes dont hurt and they dont turn pink. They just break out, swell (under and over my lid) and itch really bad. I dont think its nothing that i have eaten or any kind of makeup. The only thing that seems to be helping is a cold rag on my eyes which seems to help the swelling some what. But i still dont know what the intial problem is. Please if you have any suggestions or any recolection of what it is i am all ears.
1. You need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org
2. In addition to the cold compresses try Zaditor allergy eye drops (over the counter).

JCH III MD