Permanent subconjunctival hemorrhage
So when I was about 6 years old, I started to easily get red eyes and slowly develop a small bubble on my eyeball, it literally looked like a blister under the sclera (the white part of the eye) and it was next to my iris. My mom would take me to visit an ophthalmologist weekly but all he was able to was give me steroid eye drops to slowly minimize the size of the blister and the redness. The doctor asked my mom if anyone in my family had the same issue, she said yes that my dad did. So apparently it's hereditary.
Well, Years passed, and I stopped taking the medication and eventually the blisters disappeared.
Now that I'm 21, my left eye doesn't get as red as my right eye. My right seems to be more of an issue when it comes down to not getting enough sleep, I wake up in the morning with bloody red eyes. It hardly stings, but it stings where I had the blister. I really don't know what to do, I've been to the doctors to see if there's another method to permanently getting rid of the redness since there's a hemorrhaging vein causing it look red. Because eye drops really won't do anything but temporarily get rid of the redness.
This issue has brought my confidence down a lot. I get asked all sorts of questions like "are you high? Do you smoke? Wake and bake? Eww she has pink eye! Is it contagious?" No it's just my eye is red and I really don't know why!
I'm assuming and I hope you do not wear contact lens as this dramatically aggravates the problem. You would need to see an eye MD ophthalmologist that specializes in cornea and external disease for a proper diagnosis and discussion of possible treatment.
I don't wear contacts. Never have. I don't have bad vision at all. It's more of a cosmetic problem. It's unappealing
Then go ahead and see a cornea/external disease specialist.
Sounds less like subconjunctival hemorrhage and more like a nodular episcleritis based on your description and previous treatment. If that is the case you need to be on a steroid, and there are newer steroids with fewer side effects that you could take for maintenance once under control, but may be controlled with artificial tears. Since you said this comes when you wake and you have a stinging sensation I would suggest an artificial tear for use during the day and an ointment like refresh pm at night. But please have an exam.
=
And drops that "get the red out" like Visine are not an artificial tears.