Eye Care Community
Persistent Episcleritis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Persistent Episcleritis?

Hello,

A few months ago I went to the optometrist and she diagnosed me with Episcleritis.  She prescribed a 0.1% dexamethasone eye drop regimen for 3 weeks.  While I was taking the eye drops my eye was perfect, yet about 5 days after I stopped the red eye (just in a section between my nose and my iris) would flare up again; also, it would seem to be fine in the morning, and then get progressively worse throughout the day.  

I've been referred to an Ophthalmologist but it's been about a week and I still haven't heard from them.  There's rarely any pain associated with that eye, and my vision doesn't seem to be affected at all.  However, I do get a "something in the eye" sensation when the redness flares up.

From what I've read about episcleritis, it seems to resolve on its own.  My question is could this be something more serious than episcleritis?  I've compared pictures I've found online depicting epsicleritis, and what I have does seem to look exactly like them, but it seems much more persistent than it should be.