Eye Care Expert Forum
Photophobia

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Photophobia

Hey guys.....!
Plzzz help me.....i live in India and i will honestly tell you that my right eye does not work i.e. I cannot see from my right eye.
Two months back i felt a sensation that something has gone in my right eye and i still feel an irritation in that eye. So, a few days back When i went to an eye specialist, he made me rest my head on something and told me not to look in the light he was going to throw. When he switched the light on and examined my left eye, i did not look in the light, but when he put the light in my right eye, i dont know whether the light went directly into my eye or not. But a lot of water came out of my right eye... And nothing happened in my left eye. That night my eyes were okay butt the next morning... I could not even open my eyes.... And when i did after sometime i could not even look in front.... And when i do raise my head up or in front i experience severe pain and watering in my eyes. From that day till now, i cannot even look in front or up in the sky , specially during the day. At night i feel much better. Even wearing sunglasses does not help. Pain and watering is still there in my eyes. Please help me.... I think it is photophobia but am not really sure. Please do help.... It is affecting my life a lot...! Plzzz care to help.!
You need to see an ophthalmologist to see what the source of the problem is.  That degree of photophobia is never normal and may represent uveitis or a serious corneal problem.

HV
Thank you for your comment but - Isn't too much light entering the eye when damaged(right eye does not work) the reason for this(photophobia)...!??
Plzzz reply..! :|