Photopsia for a month!
Dear doctor,

3 weeks ago I received a blunt trauma to my eye by an elbow, it manifested at the beginning as eyelid hematoma, subconjunctival hemorrhage & discomfort; I saw a doctor after 2 days, he did a direct ophthalmoscopy (with no mydriatics) & he told me that there's some oedema & I should administer corticosteroid eyedrops for 1 week; at the end of that week I began experiencing temporal, peripheral and frequent flashes of light in my eye, being a medicine student I knew that it was a sign of retinal traction & I seeked medical advice immediately, I had a fundus examination & it revealed a tiny spot hemorrhage on the retina to the extreme nasal side & I was told that it was self-limiting & that I should follow up again after a couple of weeks.
The problem is that the flashes never stopped, I keep getting them until this current moment!!
Should I be concerned!?
Yes I would return to an Eye MD ophthalmologist for a repeat exam, if possible try and see a retina specialist.
JCH MD
I also have flashes of light being seen in perioheral vision, i went to the er and they are sending me tomorrow am to an opthqmologist. I am a very healthy kid with 20/20 and scared for my eye. A piece of glass hit it, however they checked and theres no scratches or glass. Can a blow to the eye or a piece of glass cause this temporary photospia? And if so is it temporary in most or some cases? Or is this evidence of something worse?
What i mean is that can you get hit in the eye and it cause photospia, and it also be temporary? I am sure boxers, and martial artists may haveexperienced this. Or is photospia trauma induced permanent and can cause a retinal detachment? Very much appreciated.
Hey i have been doing boxing i got an eye injury (a thumb of friend hit my eye) so i still see flashes after 6 months . And Docs said that there are no retina injury. Im planning to go for a second investigaton of my eye..
I got used to that flashes in my eye and they got faded a lot ... o usually dot pay attention at them, but still when i see em i think they are annoying...