Eye Care Expert Forum
Pinching feeling in inner corner of eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Pinching feeling in inner corner of eye
In the past year I've been experiencing a pinching, sharp kind of pain in the inside corner of my left eye off and on, it's usually kind of brief. It seems to happen mostly when I'm focusing on something. I'm on the computer a lot, watch a lot of movies and read a lot of books, but it has happened to me randomly when I was just stressed out at work, and I work at a bakery, no TVs or computer screens. I thought maybe it was from when I turned my eye a certain direction, but avoiding that direction didn't make it stop. I'm supposed to be wearing glasses for stuff like the computer and TV and books, but my prescription glasses are about six years old and I haven't used them very much, the last time I used them one of my eyes spazzed out and started twitching all over and I couldn't see, it hurt like hell, I don't remember which eye it was but I remember that it hurt. Is it something more than needing new glasses? I've also been having more issues with blurred vision lately, harder to focus, especially when I'm really tired I can hardly focus my vision at all. Please help! Thank you much.
Dear Bunie,

It sounds as if you need an eye examination to determine whether you require glasses and may have dryness of your eyes.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Thank you :)