Pinguecula Treatment
About a week ago I noticed a small yellowish spot on the inner side of my left eye. After doing some research I'm fairly certain it is pinguecula. I've made an appointment with an opthamologist to have this confirmed.

However, I've become increasingly frustrated with the resources on treatment for this. Nearly every source I've found (including the MedHelp site itself) says that "usually treatment is not necessary." I understand that it may not be necessary from a health standpoint, but considering that every source I've found has stated that they can grow over time, I would assume people with this condition would want to take preventative measures.

Many of the sources I've read have stated that steroid eye drops can help, but they do not clarify whether they just slow down the growth of pinguecula or if they make it go away. Can someone shed a little more light on the topic of pinguecula treatment? What are my options? How effective will these options be? Is there a cure for this without surgery?
Rarely is surgery done for a pingueculum. There is no cure. Wear hat and sunglasses to keep from getting bigger, its due to sun damage. Surgery  is cosmetic. The scar that may form is often more unsightly than the pingueculum.

JCH MD