Pixelated Vision
I was reading a 2007 thread about this phenomena. I am experiencing this right now - so much so I can barely focus on the computer screen and what I am typing. I too have always been able to see the little white dots dancing in my vision always within the space between my eyes and the object I am looking at. Most easily seen when looking the the blude sky or a while sheet of paper. But I also see larger "pixels" similar to when watching an online video over a slow internet connection. Larger pixels or squares splattered across the video. No idea what the later is or why this has started within just the past year. I've heard the former (the little white dancing dots) as some of us having the ability to see Chi, or life force energy. Some of us being more empathic to the energy in our environments. No way to verify if there is any truth to this explaination. It's the larger pixels that seem to be more problematic. Does anyone have any other ideas?

This discussion is related to Pixelated vision.
1. You need an eye exam by an Eye MD ophthalmologist.
2. The most common cause would be a form of eye migraine or ophthalmic migraine (may or may not have headache).

JCH MD
The first time I experienced this I was in the ER and they had just given me dilauded. And larazapam in my IV so I really don't think it was rim a migraine.  I have had plenty of them in my life with and with out pain but with all the other markers.  It happened again at the eye specialist when he put numbing drops in my eyes.  Best of luck getting answers.
mine seems to start just after I quit doing meth after a 6 month binge. I also take Hydrocodone. So I actually think this is a drug realated thing.
=
Never fear, I've been experiencing this for 40+ years now with no adverse effects (other than the strange looks people give me as I try to describe it.)  I don't have issues seeing at night, migraines, or any other eye conditions like glaucoma.    I would be curious to correlate the various RX strengths of those of us who suffer (silently or not).  

I actually am an optician and have a fairly high myopic RX (between -4.00 and -5.00 for both eyes) and wonder if that could be a contributing factor.   NOT being a doctor, I've always figured my optic nerve was either hyper active or like my home computer just has a loose cable connection.
Money is on pure ophthalmic migraine without headache and nothing to do with myopia