Eye Care Community
Post Cataract Surgery Problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Cataract Surgery Problem

I had cataract surgery on my right eye in August 2007 and on my left eye in October 2007.  Since the 2nd surgery, I have been seeing a reflection of both eyes constantly in front of me.  The doctor who did the surgery said he had no idea what I was experiencing but assured me that it would go away.  I sought a 2nd opinion from another opthamologist, who said the reflection was due to the type of lens implanced (acrylic).  He said, because the acrylic lens is shiny, I am seeing my eyes reflected from the back of the lens.  Althought my eyesight is good, it is very disturbing to have to look past this reflection continually.

I would appreciate any suggestions from a doctor or from someone with a similar problem.    
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
284078_tn?1282620298
You could have a negative or positive dysphotopsia due to the implant.  Basically, you may be seeing light reflecting off the edge of the implant.  There is not much that can be done for it.  Even replacing the implant may not help.  Honestly, if you understand what it, is I think it is much easier to deal with it.  It will not bother you all the time - just now and then.  I strongly recommend you get used to it.  It is not rare.  You are much better off than if you had mature cataracts or severe glare due to a dislocated implant or other vision problems.

MJK MD
Blank
Thank you for your response.  Actually, it bothers me constantly, except when there is no light or very little light.  What I don't understand is:  why did the implant cause this condition?  I have a number of friends who have had cataract surgery and they have had no problems whatsoever.  

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...