Post Traumatic Glaucoma
I suffered an attack 3 years ago and my right eye suffered a hyphema, a tear to the iris sphincter, a light iridodialysis and angle recession. Every year, twice a year  I've been going to the specialist to have my eye pressure checked . This last time the doctor suggested me to go for checkup 3 times per year. So far my eye pressure is stable, my optic nerve looks fine and there are no signs of glaucoma or increases in my eye pressure. I get the impression the doctor feels I have a strong chance on developing it because of the amount of checkups I need to carry, of course of this I'm not sure but I know this is a constant though in my head. I'm 23 years old so I am very worried about it developing to glaucoma one day.  I wanted to ask basically if in case I do develop it, following my doctors orders, it's unlikely to have severe loss of vision or something worst and if it's treatable, I've heard traumatic glaucoma is much more difficult to handle and stronger medication and more complicated surgery is needed. Thank you. (my eyesight is almost as good as it was before, I do not use glasses)
Once a year is adequate in most cases unless the pressure is increasing. Glaucoma after trauma occurs 10 to 20 years later in most cases.

Google traumatic glaucoma.

Dr. O.