Post Vitrectomy peripheral vision loss
I had a vitrectomy for full thickness macular hole in January of 2012 with a gas bubble in my right eye. I am 62 in fairly good health and have high blood pressure under control with medication, Lisinipril.  I was head down for 2 weeks and the gas bubble lasted 8 long weeks.  I developed a cataract just 2 weeks after the vitrectomy.  When the gas bubble dissipated I thought my vision would be good but now the side vision, peripheral is just not there. When I wake up in the morning that side of my eye seems dark.  I went to my doctor just last week at 10 weeks post-op and he said it may or may not get better.  He said the hole closed.  How long do you think this will take to heal and do you think at this point I can get my peripheral vision back on that side?  Also, how long will I have to wait to have the cataract removed?  Is the cataract surgery more serious after vitrectomy?  Please answer as this darkness on the right side of my eye is driving me crazy.  
Did the doctor explain the loss of peripheral vision?  This is not normal.  You probably can have the cataract surgery now since you are 10 weeks post op.  However, this may not improve vision if the central area is affected along with the loss of peripheral vision.  

Please get a second opinion.

Dr. O.
No the retin doctor did not say much at all just that it may or may not get better.  He said I'm still in the healing process.  I had the vitrerctomy for a macular hole.  I had some vision distortion before the surgery and I have it after but not as bad.  I noticed when the gas bubble dissipated my peripheral vision is dark.  My doctor didn't say much just that it sometimes happens and said the cataract couldn't come out for at least 6 months.  My central vision is okay, just somewhat blurry in the operated eye.  Do you suggest I see another retin specialist?  Thank you very much for your input.  
Yes,  I mentioned getting a second opinion in my first response.

Dr. O.
My Dad underwent vitrectomy and cataract extraction 2days ago due to proliferate retinopathy. Post operation, he can't see anything on the left operated eye when his eye patch was taken off. It's totally black! Is this permanent blindness? Is there a chance that he will recover his vision even partially, weeks or months after surgery? If not, does he need to undergo another operation? If so, what type of operation? Please enlighten us with what had happened to our Dad's vision post-operation. We're all hoping for our Dad to see again. Thank you so much!