Eye Care Community
Post Yag Laser
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Yag Laser

Hello,

I had yag laser on both eyes yesterday with good results (cataract surgery 3 years ago). The doc told me to come back for a checkup next week. Today I was reading an article on the procedure (curious now that I've had it done to see if the description of what happens was the same as my experience!) and I noticed a lot of references to monitoring the IOP - drops given right after the procedure, patient kept at the clinic for an hour or more afterwards to monitor, possibly patient told to use drops every day for several days to control IOP. I had none of this - no check of pressure afterwards, no additional drops. Now I'm slightly concerned about this as I won't see the doc again for another full week. What would be the signs to watch for if there were problems with the IOP?

Thank you!

Carolyn
Tags: yag laser