Eye Care Expert Forum
PostOp Victrectomy

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

PostOp Victrectomy
I had a Victromy in December. The macular hole has closed, but the sight in the macular part of the Retina has not changed. I was told that lenses could not correct the vision because the problem is in the back of the eye. Will my vision improve? Is there a procedure to correct the vision? Will the vision decline?
I wouldn't count on the vision improving much if any. I'm very sorry. If a cataract develops, then this can cause a decline of the vision, but can be corrected back to your (current) vision level. I wish you the best and protect your good all with good protective eyewear.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.