Eye Care Community
Pressure above right eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Pressure above right eye

I am a 25yo male. Recently (before 4-5 months) I began feeling pressure above my right eye caused by the epicanthus ( i think thats what the skin above the eyelid is called ). At first I tough it could be Bell's Palsy but it doesnt seem to affect my whole face only the epicanthus. Around 2 months ago I went to the ophthalmologist and I was diagnosed with slight astigmatism. My question is, could this pressure I'm feeling cause the astigmatism? What can I do to make this pressure go away?
An epcanthus (a verticle fold of skin on the inner aspect of the upper like most pronounced in Asian/Oriental eyes) is not painful or does it cause pressure.  Astigmatism is an aspherical cornea. It does not cause pain or pressure either.

I would suggest you see your family MD to work through the other causes of pressure feeling around the eye like sinus, blood pressure, tension/anxiety.

JCH MD