Eye Care Expert Forum
Pressure behind eye and vision loss

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Pressure behind eye and vision loss
I have been experiencing pressure behind my right eye and am having blurred vision and vision field loss since October.  I don't have any eye pain. The pressure wakes me up at night.  I have had a MRI, MRA and spinal tap.  So far nothing has shown up, except for a small microadenoma. My doctor said it is to small to be putting pressure on the optic nerve.  I am very concerned because I have very little vision in my left eye (eye was completely shut at birth and have had three surgeries on the lid).  The only medication I take is premarin (.625).  I've been told that there is no problem with the eye itself and that the problem is on the brain side.
Dear wtwin,

I would recommend that you seek the care of a neuro-ophthalmologist to determine the treatment options.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California