Eye Care Expert Forum
Pressure behind eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Pressure behind eye
My husband has been having a strong pressure occur behind his left eye and seems to intenify after having a been.  Any suggestions?
A good first step is to have him see an ophthalmologist right away to look for any signs of an ocular problem like severe glaucoma, inflammation, or irritation and also to look for an eye socket discorder.  If the eye exam turns out OK, then he should see his primary care doctor to look for other causes like sinusitis, headaches, neuralgias, infections and other causes.  Do not ignore the problem and make sure he is evaluated right away.  There are some very serious and some not so serious possible causes.

Michael Kutryb, MD
Kutryb Eye Institute
407 S Washington Ave
Titusville, FL 32796
321-267-2020
www.kutrybeye.com
Has your husband gone to the eye dr over this problem? Glaucoma causes pressure in the eye ball. It can blind you. You start losing side vision, until you finally lose sight. I would take him straight to an eye dr to have the pressure checked, and he can check for any lost vision. My dad had it and the pressure got too bad and he lost his eye. It is a very serious situation. I am a suspect and have regular check ups for it. Hope this helps  you out. RJ