Eye Care Expert Forum
Pressure behind right eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Pressure behind right eye
About a month ago I began having pressure in my right eye as well as some head aches. I eventually had an eye exam and I was diganosed as being far sided in my right eye. I was given a prescription and wore it straight for about a week but stopped after I realized I was becoming too dependent upon them. Without them my vision wasn't as good even though I always had had good vision. Since then, the pressure has returned. I am going back to the ophthalmologist in a few days but am somewhat nervous. I was told that heath wise my eyes are fine. It was explained that the reason its affecting me now (I am 28) is that this is the time when the lens becomes hardened so it takes more effort to overcompensate for it being far sided. My fear is a brain tumor or something because of the head aches and pressure however my doctor thinks everything is fine. Is the pressure and headache normal for my situation?

Alan
That sounds great that the glasses helped you so much.  You should not have stopped.  See your doctor and explain your situation again.  I can't make the diagnosis regarding your headaches.  If your glasses made them go away that is not suggestive of a brain tumor.

MJK MD
Are headaches and pressure behind the eye normal symptoms for being far sided and not wearing glasses? Thanks for your response Dr. Kutryb ;)

AR