Probable eccentric PFV or medulloepithelioma behind iris of 3 year old
My daughter was diagnosed with probable eccentric PFV or medulloepithelioma behind iris of her left eye.
There is/was an internal bleeding to the eye causing loss of vision and squinting. This is how we noticed that something was wrong. US scans show suspicious area behind the iris which is difficult for the doctors to examine also due to the bleeding. She was prescribed MAXIDEX drops with 0.1% dexamethasone to be administered for 3 months with 3 drops per day for the first month. This is to hopefully stop the bleeding and allow better examination. But the drops may have significant side effects. Has anyone heard of similar case? And is there anywhere we could get any extra help?
How old is your daughter and how much vision has she lost?  They should remove the blood to prevent amblyopia (lazy eye-you mentioned the squinting) and for the diagnosis.  I am not familiar with medulloepithelioma.  You might Google it.

Dr. O.
Thank you for the reply.
My daughter is 3 and a half and from my understanding she completely can't see to this eye. The loss of vision is said to be due to blood spill into vitreous. Medulloepithelioma is a form of a tumor and this makes the doctors cautious about entering the eye to either remove the blood or take a sample of the suspicious cells. MAXIDEX drops are suppose to do that, i.e. remove the blood. Can anyone advice that the drops will actually help? Please come forward with any other suggestions.