Problems after Cataract surgery
I have intracranial hypertension and just had cataract surgery on both my eyes with Toric lens implants.  After my surgery of my left eye, I have problems of flickering vision and flashes of light in that eye.  My eye doctor checked my eye (especially the retina) and said that there is nothing wrong.  I had my right eye operated on and now, my doctor told me yesterday that my lens has moved.  I have to go back into surgery next week to try to re-position the lens.  My vision changed for the worse in that eye.  BTW, my eye pressure has raised to 25 on both eyes from 14.  My doctor immediately told me to stop using the Pred forte eye drops and switch to Fluorometholone drops.

First, should I see a Retina specialist for my left eye?  Second, why can't my doctor remove my lens on the right eye and start over??  She said it was too dangerous to remove.  She also told me that there is a possibility she won't be able to re-position my lens and, I would have to live with it the way it is.  Is this true??  Is there any other way to fix my vision if the lens can not be re-positioned?  

Thank you in advance for any advice you have concerning this matter.  

1. Yes see a retina specialist IF it will make you feel better. If you wish then ask the surgeon for a referral.
2. Flickering vision (dysphotopsia) is common with many/most IOLs, it can occure with a perfect operation, it gets better with time in most people. A IOL exchange is not a minor operation, a "new"IOL in your LE might have the same problem.
3. If she can't reposition the IOL properly and your problems persist then she should refer you to a Eye MD that specializes in post surgery IOL complications every big city has one or two.

JCH MD