Eye Care Expert Forum
Problems after eye dilation
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Problems after eye dilation
I had my eyes dilated 6 weeks ago as part of a routine check up. Ever since, I have had dry, slightly painful eyes. My vision is fine and my eyes aren't dilated but they don't feel right. They feel tired all the time and overworked. I have tried drops etc but they don't have a lasting effect. Can such symptoms occur after dilation?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
284078 tn?1282620298
Sometimes after an eye exam it can cause a temporary worsening of dry eye symptoms due to all the drops used for dilation and examination so I advise my patients to use artificial tears every few hours after the exam for a day or so if they have any irritation.  At this point any irriation or dryness  you still have is a problem in an of itself and it is basically a sign that you have sensitive and possibly clinically dry eyes.  Use good artifical tears frequently and if still having problems talk to your ophthalmologist.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now