Puffy veiny eyelids long after PRK surgery
Hi all. I had PRK eye surgery about 3-4 years ago and ever since then my eyelids have had a puffy/swollen look to them.  Recently I have noticed small veins on my upper eyelids becoming visible.  The rims of my eyelids, especially my upper eyelids, have a purplish hue to them now.  They almost look like i'm having an allergic reaction to something but I know I'm not because this all started after the surgery. Also, I never had a problem with being in the sun for long durations before but now if my eyes are exposed to the sun for too long my eyelids get very swollen.  They used to just get tan before but now they get red and swell up.  I've been trying to find answers and treatment for the longest time and have not found any explanations as to why they are like this now.  My eye doctor doesn't know what's wrong.  I have an appt, with the doctor that performed the surgery in about a week or so.  

Just wondering if anybody has had anything similar happen to them and if so what did you do to fix it? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
I doubt this is related to your PRK.  I have not seen this in 1000s of LASIKS and PRKs.  I have had patient tell me that after surgery they seen more wrinkles on their face and notice more untiddyness in their home.

Dr. O.
Thank you for responding.  By looking at my picture, do you have any idea what it could be or what could be done to reduce the purple puffy look?
I also forgot to mention I use brimonodine eye drops daily for night time glare...