Eye Care Community
Pulsating fogginess of vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Pulsating fogginess of vision

I had this for a few days in the morning when I first wake up and am just sitting relaxedly.  It was barely perceptible so I didn't think much of it.  But this time, I was excercising and when one of the excercises required me to look down, I had this visual disturbance BIG TIME.  It was like I was through a glass that suddenly gets all foggy (like when one breaths on a mirror) and then back to normal, in a pulsating fashion.  It seems the pulse rhythm coincides with my heart beat.  I could also feel my heartbeat on the temple area,but given that I was excercising and looking face down, this part alone would not have worried me.  The going and coming of the vision really freaked me out.  Since I had a more mild version for a few days, now I'm worried.  What could this be?  

Sandy
It could be a due to low blood pressure and a circulatory problem.  Please seen your internist and cardiologist.  You are relatively young but eye and circulation problems can occur especially if you are taking BCPs.

Dr. O.