Eye Care Community
Pulsating sensation in eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Pulsating sensation in eye

I have a pulsating sensation in my left eye that occurs quite frequently. At first I believed it was simply stress causing it, but I'm beginning to notice it while I'm completely relaxed. I also assumed it was simply high blood pressure but when i check my blood pressure it isn't all that high (around 133/89, 80's - 90's pulse). It's happening more and more frequently and is starting to become very annoying.
Any ideas on what this is or how to remedy it? I'm not a fan of doctors offices.

Thank you for your help!
Tags: pulsating, Eye
You need to see an ophthalmologist for an eye exam. There are some vascular problems that may cause this.

Dr. O.