Eye Care Community
Pulsing in eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Pulsing in eye

I will be looking at a blank surface, such as a wall, and will notice very slight movement of the image in synch with my pulse. It isn't too noticeable other than when I am looking at a solid color.  I have recently had 3 changes of blood pressure medication as they have been trying to find one that is suitable.  Seems I now have the right one. Is it related and is it permanent or of any concern.  I have had an recent eye exam (although it wasn't happening then) and a complete physical and everything other than my very dry eyes is normal.  I am 54 years old
Thanks for you help.
Tina
  • pulse in eye (1 replies):
    i can see and feel a pulse in both of my eyes. it is no...[more]
  • eye pulse (1 replies):
    Two days ago, I began experiencing occasional pulsing i...[more]
  • Vision Pulsing (1 replies):
    I have noticed for the past month or so that every once ...[more]
  • pulsing eye (1 replies):
    In my weaker eye, the left -6.25, I notice my pulse puls...[more]
There are many people that have posted with the same complaint. Most never find out the cause. You can use the search feature to pull up these previous discussion. If this is something new then I would see a neuroophthalologist. Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD