Eye Care Community
Pupil size with normal dilation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Pupil size with normal dilation

Hi!  
I was looking at myself in the mirror close up (I know, first mistake!) and I noticed my right pupil was slightly larger than my left.  I turned on the light and they both shrunk to pin size evenly and were the same size.  But, when I turned the light back off, my right pupil was again slightly larger.  Does anyone know why this would be?  I don't have any eye pain and they react to light changes similarly.  Should I see a doc?  
If this is something new yes. However about 10% of people have some diffierence is the size of the pupil without it being a sign of anything serious. Look at some facial photos of you over the years and see if it was there before. If you haven't had an eye exam in 3-4 years you need an exam anyway. DO NOT let them put any drops in your eye till you see the eye MD and take in 3 or 4 of those photos with you

JC MD