Eye Care Community
Pupile reaction to light after argon laser treatement for a hole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I had a laser treatment for holes in my retina in my left eye 4 weeks ago  but after the treatment i noticed that my eye doesn't react to light as before : the pupil size of my twso eyes are not always the same my left eye is a little more dilated than the right eye, also i have problem when reading.

Is it usual and normal? can you please help me and advise me , what should i do?

Thanks you in advance
You consult your surgeon.  Sometimes the laser can hit the edge of the pupil causing some problems.

Dr. O.
I  consulted my surgeon who told me that the difference between the two pupils is not noticeable and it may be the drops effect and told also  me to wait.What do you think? i had a painfull laser treatement to my retina and i'm affraid that one nerve has been hited by the laser causing dilatation problem.