Eye Care Community
Pupils dilate differently
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pupils dilate differently

Twice it has happened with me that suddenly one of my pupils gets more dilated than the other.
The first time it happened, i didn't bother much about it.
But it happened a second time so now I am asking about it.

I do not remember much about the first time.
the second time was at night.
i had just gone to bed when i got up again immediately for some reason, and then i percieved a weirdness in my vision.
it felt as if something had been placed in front of my right eye. i closed my left eye n viewed only with my right, and then the other way around. the view through my right eye was noticably much less bright. it stayed this way for a while, maybe half an hour, and then rectified itself.

There is no apparent cause i can think of for this.Both times it just happened suddenly. there has been a long gap between the two times, over a couple of weeks.
also, i did not view my pupils in a mirror, but since the brightness was affected, i assumed that it must have something to do with the pupils.

i do not want to be paranoid about this, but should i be worried?

any help would be great.

thank you