Pus draining from eye
I've been sick for the past few days with a cough/cold where thick yellow/green mucus has been coming out of my nose/mouth.  Yesterday I woke up and noticed around my left eye was crusty but didn't think much of it. (much like sleepy sand but all around the bottom of my eye).

Last night my right eye started bothering me and stuff seemed a little blurry.  I took out my contacts and noticed whitish/light yellowish pus like stuff in the corners of my eyes.  I wiped it off with a tissue and noticed it kept coming back throughout the night.  This morning my right eye was surrounded by crust.  Both my eyes (but especially the right one) are bloodshot (they were last night as well).

I'm not wearing my contacts today.  What's going on?

Go see your regular Doctor.  This sounds like a sinus infection.  If that is it your GP can set you right with a course of antibiotics.  If it is something else, he/she can treat that instead.  Don't wait around for it to get better on its own, it may not, and you don't want the infection to spread beyond where it is now.

It might be a good idea to not wear the contacts until this clears up.
Call the Eye MD or optometrist that fit your contacts. You likely have a conjunctivitis also. Wearing your contacts can cause a dangerous infected corneal ulcer. Stop them not. Call immediately.

JCH MD
I went to the health center at my University.  The doctor diagnosed me with a sinus infection and gave me an anti-biotic to take twice a day for 10 dyas. My eyes didn't have crust this morning and aren't as blood shot as the days before.  When will it be safe to resume wearing contacts?  

Also is a sinus infection contagious?

When the sinus infection is fully cleared?

Also consider what you are going to do with the pair of contaminated contacts. Perhaps a lot of bacteria were deposited on them while there was pus in your eyes. Is your normal cleaning method enough to remove/kill them?  Are you sure?  If a biofilm formed on the contacts it would be much harder to remove than the usual contaminants.
I have disposable contacts.... you wear each pair for two weeks then throw them away and get fresh ones.  I plan on throwing the contaminated pair away and switching to fresh ones with a fresh case and everything.