Question about eyesight

I notice an unusual phenomenon with my eyesight that I have be curious about for years.  I use reading glasses. Without them, I can barely see the numbers on my watch.  However, when I am outside on a sunny day, I can see every detail on my watch without glasses.  The numbers seem so clear.   I can also read without glasses.  It is like having perfect vision. When I walk inside, my poor eyesight returns and I need glasses again.  Why is this so?

Thank you,
Wendy
Dear wendy_pan,

What you observe may occur from a change in the pupil size in bright light.  When people first observe the loss of reading, holding objects further or a bright read may enable them to read.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.