Questions about Excessive Tearing
I have had problems with excessive tearing in my right eye for about 3 years now.  I've had 2 probing procedures, the first of which was the most successful in ending the tearing.  That was in March 2006, and then in December 2007, the tearing started again.  A second probing procedure was performed, and it helped a lot.  Then in September 2008, the tearing started again, and the MD performed a DCP (balloon dilation), and left the stent in until recently, when he pulled it out.  Some days, my eye tears all the time, and some days, it doesn't tear indoors, but it does when I'm outside.  

I would like to ask the MDs if they think that an external DCR would help me permanently.  Do most patients who have external DCRs resolve their tearing problems, including when they're outside?  I would love to be able to walk back and forth to work without tears running down my face!  Would having a probing done every year or maybe twice a year be an acceptable alternative?  Thank you for any help you can give me.
You problem is not that uncommon.  The surgical procedure does not necessarily cure the cause.

I see another ocular plastic surgeon.  I am not familiar with an external DCR.

Dr. O.