Eye Care Community
REM while awake

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

REM while awake

I have been having rapid eye movement while awake for a few years. They will occur out of blue, any time at all, and last from a second to 10 seconds. I can not control it, and have no idea when it’s about to happen. It blurs my eye site completely and I have to stop what I am doing unless I want to run into something or mess up what I’m working on. I also get headaches, at least 3 times a week, at most everyday. I’m also extremely tired all the time now, and it’s sometimes hard to concentrate. I’ve also found myself to be more clumsy than usual. Any ideas as to what’s wrong?
Tags: REM Awake
Rapid eye movements while awake is called nystagmus and is not the same as REM while asleep.

Episodic nystagmus could be a sign of neurological disease. I suggest seeing a Neuro-ophthalmologist Eye MD. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD
OK, so i have nystagmus, but im able to do it at my own will. it wont do it if i wont let it. so basicaly i can conrtol it.......why is that?
No idea.

JCH MD
oh.....ok thanks anyway
-
John C Hagan IIII,

I have a weird eye pigmentation.bI was told that they are grey and thats what it says on my ID. But, they are sirt of tyedye. they have blue, brown, green, and even yellow as one of the colors. It is all in equal portions so I guess thats why they look grey. When I got my permit i had like 2 or 3 people standing over me trying to decided what to put as my color. They picked grey. It looks different in different lights. Like, if i am outside and it is real bright they look deep blue. If it is hot then they look greenishbluish. If I am inside doing nothing then it is hard to tel. Is that normal? Plus, If I focus on something for a long period of time, what looks like sparkles are floating around in front of my face and noone can see them. Can you help me with bot? THANKS!