Eye Care Expert Forum
Re: blurred vision
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: blurred vision

Posted By Kim on May 22, 1999 at 13:30:21
Hi.  My name is Kim and I am a 25 year old female.  I have been suffering from blurred vision 24 hours a day for the past 18 months.  I also have been suffering from migraines off and on for the same period of time.  I have seen 2 opthamologists who say my eyes are fine.  I am now seeing a neurologist.  I have had an MRI which came back normal but showed I have sinusitis. I had a spinal tap and that also came back normal.  I was wondering if sinusitis could be causing the blurred vision?  I wear contacts (-4.7 in both eyes) and was wondering if sinusitis wasn't to blame for my blurred vision maybe the contacts were.  The prescription changed acout the same time my blurred vision and headaches started.  It is very frustrating because I can't read a book without straining to focus and I am very light sensitive.  Maybe my prescription is wrong.  (My prescription before it changed was -5.25 in the left eye and -5 in the right eye).  I would greatly appreciate any information you could give me.
Sincerely,
Kim

Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
Posted By HFHS MD - NI on May 22, 1999 at 18:41:14
Kim,
The symptoms you describe can be very frustrating.  If you have a normal eye exam and a normal MRI except for sinusitis, I am not sure what can be causing your symptoms.  Headaches can definately be caused by sinusitis.  You are too young to have trouble reading if you have the correct prescription.  Light sensitivity is also not commonly associated with an incorrect prescription.
I think you should be examined by a neuro-ophthalmologist and get another opinion.  Neuro-ophthalmologists are usually found in academic centers.
When you see the neuroophthalmologist, you should bring all of your old records and a copy of your MRI.
I also agree with your decision to see a neurologist.
This information is provided for educational purposes only.  Plese consult with your physician for diagnostic and treatment options.
Sincerely,
HFHS MD - NI

Follow Ups:

Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
2078052_tn?1331936700
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank
Amerisight Institute and Valley Eye Center